Sunday, October 10, 2010

About Us

I have been a candle lover for a long time.  In 2008, some friends introduced us to soy candles.  I had not heard much about soy candles and did not even realize that the candles I usually purchased were made from paraffin wax.  I never thought twice about what was in the candles I often lit all around my home.  When our friends taught us about the natural properties of soy wax and the benefits of burning a natural soy wax candle with a natural wick, I was hooked.  Not only did I never purchase another paraffin wax candle, I began making my own soy candles. 
We have been a one income home schooling family for the past 13 years and, with the continued increase in the cost of living and expenses, I thought that it would be a great and fun opportunity to begin my own soy candle business.  Not only would I enjoy making healthier candles for myself at a lower cost, but I would also help bring some much needed additional income into our household.  I did a lot of research, made an investment into all the supplies needed, and had trial and error lessons making the initial candles.
This fall of 2010, I have been re-inspired to pursue candle making with more passion and determination and am trying to get the word out about our business by having a Facebook page and this blog.  
All of our candles are carefully hand-made.  No factory type mass production takes place in our home.  Our wax, wicks, scents, and containers are also carefully selected.  We want to offer the best product we can to our customers.  If at any time you are not satisfied with our candles, please do not hesitate to let us know immediately.  We want to make it right.  If you are very pleased with our candles, we’d also like to hear from you. 
We understand that candle buying is often something done on an impulse as one is walking by the scented aisle at the store, but my hope is that you will consider the lower quality and higher price of the candle on that aisle and instead contact us.  We would be thrilled and grateful to have your business and to have the opportunity to design and make a candle especially created according to your choice of scent and container.
Thank you for reading and for considering the purchase of our candles.  We greatly appreciate your business!


Mary Ann
Soy Candles of the Rockies
Loveland, CO
(719) 660-4177
mabsmailbox@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be moderated by the author. Thank you.